My Lovely Followers

Saturday 22 July 2017

MFT Stamps Sketch Challenge #342

Hello!

It's been a long time since I joined in with the sketch challenge over at MFT Card Challenges, so I thought I'd dash off a quick card using the new MFT Stamps Happy Hippos clear stamp set.

I used the hippo with the present and the 3 little birds, stamping them on some Bristol Smooth paper  and colouring them with my Zig Clean Color markers, using Turquoise Green, Yellow Green, Light Green and Bright Yellow. I cut them out with the matching dies and set them aside.

I made an A2 vertical top folding card base and used a little Sno Cone Ink and the Mini Cloud Edges stencil to sponge a few clouds directly onto my card base. I cut some Limelight and Gumball cardstock with one of the Grassy Edges die and finished the edges with a stitched rectangle die, stamping a sentiment from the same set onto the top layer before gluing them both to my card base.

I cut some while and patterned paper with one of the Basic Scalloped Edges dies and finished with the same stitched rectangle die, gluing both to the top of my card. Then I added the hippo and birds with some foam tape and finished with a few enamel dots. You could omit the dots as it doesn't really need them, I just felt they helped balance the card.

If you want to join in with this week's challenge you can find it here, but you only have till Tuesday evening.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Too dang cute!!! I love EVERYTHING about this enchanting design. Really love the way did the clouds, heaving on the outside, parting slightly in the middle, so so clever and effective on this design. LOVE that gorgeous plaid paper and oh my goodness, that adorable hippo and his wee birdie pals. Love, love, LOVE this hunny. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx