My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 18 July 2017

MFT Stamps - Celebrate, Rainbow Blending, Stamping with Water

Hello!

I have a couple of cards to share with you today, I love making cards where you get a kind of a Two for the Price of One thing going on.

First of all I have to explain that I made the background without any idea of how I was going to use it in a card. I was just trying out some techniques I'd seen in this video from Jen McGuire where she shows stamping with water. I thought it was a cool idea and decided to give it a try.

Since I'm all about the Rainbow lately I chose rainbow colours swapping the red for a bright pink. The ink blending is all done with Distress Oxide inks which gives it that lovely soft brushed sort of finish.

I used Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Broken China and Wilted Violet, blending them to create the additional shades.
Once I was happy with my blending I spritzed a background stamp, (this is the Wavy Colouring Book BG Stamp from MFT), with some water and stamped onto my blended cardstock. Then I blotted and dried with my heat gun.

I loved the way the pattern came out but for a few days I had no idea what I was going to make with it, and then I got the Celebrate die from MFT Stamps. Bingo!

After dabbling with the idea of using the whole panel, I decided to go for a 2 for 1 creation, making 2 cards from the 1 background. I used a Stitched Scalloped Basic Edges die to cut the sedge of my first card and then used the same card on the white cardstock for the 2nd.
I cut the outside edges with a large stitched rectangle die from  Blueprints 15.

Basically the 2 cards are almost the same, just reversed, except the first card I inlaid the die cut word and heat embossed a sentiment in white on a banner cut from Limelight cardstock, and on the 2nd I stacked lots of layers of the die-cut word to make it very dimensional and stamped the sentiment in black ink directly onto the white cardstock.

To finish both cards I added a few sparkling clear sequins.


Here you can compare the 2 cards. 

I can't decide which one I like the most, which do you prefer?

Thanks so much for visiting, don't forget to drop by tomorrow for the new release from Whimsy Stamps!


6 comments:

  1. Love the colours on your beautiful card.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I love how you inlaid the die and set off the colors with the white. The background stamp is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love these cards. I also can’t decide which one I like best. I love the inlay technique but that stacked one looks great as well. I think I just might have to give it a go myself and decide then 😂😉

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx