My Lovely Followers

Sunday 2 July 2017

Daydream at The Ribbon Girl

Hello!

It's time for a new challenge over at the Ribbon Girl Blog, and from this month onwards I will be moving from the Use Any Image Challenge Team to the Card Challenge Team.

So for this challenge you can use any style you wish, but it must be a card.

I fell in love with the new paper pad from Lemoncraft that Mary has in the shop, called Daydream, (I've listed in the links below), and I used this as the starting point and inspiration for my card. 

The colours are quite bright and very beautiful. 


I used one of the Chipboard Frames to make a focal point, this one is a double one and I decided to colour the top portion with Distress Oxide ink in Broken China to match in with the colours on my card. These inks are fab for colouring chipboard pieces as they don't sink into the chipboard and change colour like dye inks do, but sit on the top giving great coverage. I heat embossed my sentiment in gold on vellum, and added that to the centre of my card.

I gave the heat treatment to my organza ribbon with my heat gun, this is a great trick I picked up from Bev Rochester, and gives a lovely crinkled appearance to the ribbon, just make sure you keep your heat gun moving.

I've listed all the items used from The Ribbon Girl below:

Lucy's Enchanting Shaker Selection

I do hope you will join in with us, we have the lovely prizes below on offer:

First prize:  Papers from Maja Design, Sweden - the prize will be sent directly to the winner


Second prize:  £10 voucher towards a shopping spree at The Ribbon Girl
Third Prize:  A stamp of the winner's choice from LOTV



That's all from me for now, enjoy your Sunday!


3 comments:

  1. lovely card and thanks for sharing the tip about the organza ribbon! I'll try that next time I use some, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this card is beautiful, Linda! I love the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx