My Lovely Followers

Sunday 30 July 2017

Altenew &My Favorite things- Celebrate

Hello!

Dashing in with a quick share for you.

I used a combination of dies from My Favorite Things, and an outline flower stamp and Gold embossing powder from Altenew to make a simple but elegant card that could be used for a birthday, wedding, engagement or anniversay...or any special day realy.


I used some MFT Cardstock in Crushed Coral to make my card base and then used the large die from Blueprints 20 to cut some vellum. I really love using layers of vellum when you want a softer effect and of course it's not as heavy as cardstock.

I took the large outline flower stamp from Altenew's Garden treasures, and stamped all over my watercolour paper with Versmark ink. I did this a few at a time, using my anti-static powder first and using the crisp embossing powder from Altenew in Antique Gold to heat emboss/
I then used my distress inks in Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral and Dried Marigold  to blend on some colour. I added a few drops of water and left for a few seconds before blotting with some absorbent paper., then I added a light misting of gold Glimmer Mist and left to dry. 

I cut the Celebrate word out several times in cardstock to match my base card, and for the top layer I sponged over with Versamark ink before adding more of the gold embossing powder and heating to make the beautiful gold finish. I then glued all my layers together to make my dimensional word.

I used a sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp You Matter stamp set, and embossed with more gold powder on some vellum, cutting it out with an MFT Stitched Sentiment Strip die.

I glued all my elements together, popping the main panel up on some craft foam and then added a few sequins from Little Things by Lucy.

That's my card for today, I hope you like it and thanks for visiting!



3 comments:

  1. Linda, this is beautiful hun! That gold embossing and your beautiful ink work is utterly stunning on this creation hun. The gold is so lush and the gradient of colour so so pretty. I utterly love this beautiful CAS card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx