My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Technique Tuesday #18 - Stencils 2 Ways

Hello!

I got a lovely package of MFT goodies to play with this weekend, so I thought I'd use some of them as the focus of my Technique Tuesday this week.

I chose the Giraffing me Crazy stamp set and stamped a few of the images out with Versafine Black Onyx on to Strathmore Bristol paper, and coloured them in with my Zig Clean Color real Brush Markers. I cut them out with the coordinating dies and set them aside.

Them I set to work with my stencils.

First I took a piece of Tim Holtz watercolour cardstock and taped it down, rough side up on my work surface. I chose the rough side because I wanted a textured finish to help the bricks look more...well brick-like.

I used the following colours of distress inks: Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, laying down the lighter colour first and then gradually adding the deeper colours towards the bottom and blending out. 
I used my Clarity Stencil Brushes for this rather then an ink blender because I wanted a softer subtler blend and also because I find it easier when the stencil has lots of detail as they're gentler on the stencil and less likely to damage it.


Once I was happy with my blend I cut it out with the large double stitched rectangle die and then cut a 'window' in the wall using the new peek-a-boo square window die.

I set that aside and took a small rectangle of white cardstock and taped that down to my work surface and then stenciled a sky using the new Cloud Stencil, Tumbled Glass distress ink and an ink blending tool. This is the other kind of stenciling where instead of stenciling through a pattern, you blend off of a mask. I could have stenciled the sky directly onto my card base, but I was being lazy and didn't want to bother masking off my card lol.

I glued the sky directly to my card base and then adhered the brick wall with some foam tape, positioning it carefully over my sky.

I then added the little sprigs of leaves with some multi medium matte and popped the giraffes on with some more foam tape for a lovely bit of dimension.
I stamped my sentiment from the same set, onto some white cardstock and cut it out using the Rectangle Word Frames, keeping the frame part to use on another project, and adhered it to the top of my brick wall.
I finished off the whole thing with a few orange enamel dots.

I do hope you like it, the idea is that they are supposed to look like they are in the giraffe house at the zoo, looking out at the sky with the greenery poking through the window!

I used the following products on my card today:

MFT Giraffing me Crazy
MFT English Brick Stencil
MFT Cloud Stencil
MFT Double Stitched Rectangle Die-namics
MFT Peek-a-boo square window Die-namic
MFT Rectangle Word Frames Die-namics

All my MFT products came for Dies to Die for

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx