My Lovely Followers

Monday 6 February 2017

Love You Always

Hello!

I hope your week has started well. It was thick fog outside when I woke up this morning, so I was super happy not to have to go to work in it as I have a few days off work.

I made the stenciled portion of this card at the same time that I made the thank you card that I posted just over a week ago just using different inks. 


The distress ink colours I used here were Cracked Pistachio , Shaded Lilac and Picked Raspberry.
I chose some pretty deep pink pearlised cardstock to go with the picked raspberry colour and cut out the love word and then again twice in black cardstock to create a kind of shadow. Of course what I didn't notice until I photographed it was that I should have gone over the white on the side of the pink cardstock (which is one sided), with my pink distress ink, so that the white didn't show. Oh well, I will know for next time won't I, we learn from our mistakes. I wanted a little bit more black in the card to pull in the black on the butterfly, so I added a thin strip to each side of the stenciled panel and then cut another strip on which I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.
I added another strip of the pink cardstock to the left side. I then added my die cut word, slightly overlapping my sentiment strip and adhered my butterfly.

To finish I added a few sequins in colours that complemented the inks.

I've listed the items used below.


This would make a lovely card for valentine's day, for an anniversary, or just to let someone know how much you care.

That's all for today but there will be lots more from me this week, so stay tuned.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Your shaded colouring using the stencil is utterly divine; I love those pretty colours and the fabulous design. I actually think the white edge on the pink lettering just brings out the drop shadow of the black layer and looks pretty cool, so maybe this was just a happy accident rather than a mistake?!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card. Love the background and wonderful butterfly.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of the stencil here Linda... love the muted shades you used on your stunning card! And I see no problem with the diecut word... you shouldn't have mentioned it!! LOL

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that is fabulous! Love the stencilled merging of colours. Gorgeous effect. Love the way you picked up the colours with the sequins too. That looks brilliant!! Beautiful butterfly and love the way you've matted the diecut sentiment with the black. The white edge on the pink makes it pop even more! Stunning. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx