My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Vintage Blue - Inspiration Photo for Deep Ocean Challenge

Ooops I'm running a bit late with this as my scheduled post decided to misbehave!  Anyway, it's time for a change of theme over at Deep Ocean Challenge, and this time we have a bit of Photo Inspiration to share with you, please scroll to the bottom of this post to check out the inspiration for yourself.

I haven't made any non image cards for a bit and I thought this was the perfect opportunity, I used some lovely papers in vintage blues from Pion Design and added some some pretty embellishments in blue and ivory.

I inked all my layers in Walnut Stain, distressed them and added plenty of gesso, applied with an almost dry brush.
I slipped a square of light blue tulle between 2 of my layers. I coloured my little cameo frame blue and then brushed it liberally with a couple of coats of crackle paint, allowing the blue to show through.

To finish I added embellishments from The Ribbon Girl, links below.

Scrapiniec Chipboard Rounded Corners

This is the inspiration I followed



I do hope you can join in, and don't forget to check out my lovely teamies' work over on the blog.

Until next time!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant card Linda gorgeous colour's too
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour palette is just gorgeous and your shabby chic style is fabulous. I would be so freaked out by the idea of making a card with no image but your clustering of floral embellishments and chipboard pieces are so brilliant all by themselves :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning card! I LOVE the layout. It showcases every little element on this card perfectly!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! No other comments required!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx