My Lovely Followers

Friday 29 July 2016

Make it Crafty - Fairy Star

It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!!
Now don't faint, it's another Christmas card from me. I know, very unlike me but honestly last year was such a rush to get them done I need to get my act together and just start ploughing through them. Maybe one day I'll be motivated enough to start making them in January, but normally once Christmas is done I just don't want to see another Christmas card for a while.

Anyway, this is a card with traditional colours, which again is very unlike me but I'm loving these Lemoncraft papers. Its design is also a little bit out of my normal field as well, as it's stripped down, not quite CAS but nary a flower or bit of ribbon or lace in sight. Not that I didn't try and add them mind, but I just couldn't make them work with this design and well, I liked the design so that was that.


I used another Make it Crafty image, this one is called Fairy Star. I've coloured her in distress inks and if you Copic using folk think red is bad I can assure you that for DIs it's worse. I think next time i do deep red I may switch to pencils lol!

I used some Wink of Stella on her wings and ruffles and I slathered the star on the end of her wand with Glamour Dust. Then when I cut out the small star dies to use as embellishments I realised that the larger one matched the wand almost perfectly, so I stuck it on top. The glitter peeks out between the filigree and I really like the effect. The stars are a die set from La-La Land Crafts.


The large star she is mounted on is from My Favourite Things and I thought it made the perfect background for her. All the layers are popped up an some 2 mm foam tape.
The sentiment is from a lovely set from Mama Elephant I cut it out with a fishtail banner die from Your Next Stamp. All the dies and the sentiment stamp were from Dies to Die from.

I finished off with a few clear gems that I coloured to match with my Copics.

I hope you like her.
That's all from me today, have fun and I'll see you soon!




11 comments:

  1. Uh oh...gonna have to add those gorgeous Lemoncraft papers to my wish list! The traditional colours are lovely for your sweet fairy and the design works perfectly without too much added...sometimes the image and papers are enough, with a few well chosen embellies like the gems of course!
    Nice work on starting your Christmas cards too!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous Christmas card Linda and well done for making an early start, you won't regret it in the end. I love this layout with your beautiful image mounted on the large star, it really pops out at you.
    Hope you have a fab weekend whatever you have planned.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so striking Linda! I love the design and gorgeous traditional colours! Such beautiful colouring as always.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable. I love how the image is sitting on a star. Great idea. Nice designer papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card!
    love design and all details
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. Love the image and papers you used.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS Christmas card Linda. Love the stars, those pretty filigree ones are fabulous!! Beautiful card design, gorgeous papers and love that MIC image! The card design is perfect, I don't miss the ribbon and flowers at all, fab choice to leave them off. Another gorgeous, inspiring creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!!! Your style is very well recognized and I think this is what is important about any crafter. You have already found your unique style.

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one she pops up everywhere every time I turn my Laptop on and love her more each time!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx