My Lovely Followers

Friday 26 February 2016

Distress Ink Tutorial 4 - Hair Basics - Blonde/Langton Paper

Hello everyone! Well I finally managed to finish editing my tutorial for colouring hair with distress inks. Sorry it's taken me so long, it's been a bit of a learning curve learning to use the YouTube video editor, but I've learned a lot and recently downloaded a trial version of  some video editing software so that I can edit first before uploading which should mean a faster upload time and quicker viewing.

For this video I'm showing you how I colour blonde hair and add shadows and some depth. In my next tutorials I'll be showing black hair on Canson Montval paper, and also how I add extra definition and texture to both the blonde and black hair, and yes don't worry I will be covering how I colour clothing as well, I won't leave her unfinished.


The image I'm colouring here is May, from Saturated Canary. You can find her in Krista's shop but I warn you you'll be tempted by many others just saying !

My video can be watched below or you can watch it on my YouTube channel here



Hope you like it and find it helpful!

You can find the first 3 videos in the series by following the links below

Tutorial 3 - Skin

Tutorial 2 - Prepping your Image

Tutorial 1 - Materials & Equipment

See you soon! :) xx

11 comments:

  1. Love your tutorial Linda. I hate doing hair, don't feel I can ever get it quite right. Practice, practice, practice as they say!!! Going to watch your skin video now.
    I am hoping that one day I feel confident enough to do a tutorial.
    Have to say your nails are fabulous.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, it took me ages to get up the courage and I've had to learn how to edit them and everything, but it's been a lot of fun too. Thank you for the comment on my nails, I've just started getting into nail art, there are some amazing nails on Pinterest but some of them are not at all as easy as they make it look lol! xx

      Delete
  2. Love this Linda. It's always interesting to see how other people use their distresses. I have a different technique than you, but I love how your girls look!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda love your videos! I like your technique and I'm going to keep practicing!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing your colouring techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your tutorial!
    thank you for sharing!
    you are so talented!
    have a great weekend
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<
    Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this a rubber stamp or a digi? If a digi, how do you not get bleeding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, it's a digi. There are several things you can do to prevent bleeding. The best thing is to have a printer that uses ink that's waterproof, the printer I have is an Epson WF 2530 and the ink it uses is totally waterproof. You can also use a laser printer, I had a laser printer before I bought my Epson and I never had problems with that bleeding either as the laser printer heat bonds the ink to the paper (you can pick up a mono laser printer fairly inexpensively now). The other thing you can do is to carefully and gently heat your printed image (make sure not to scorch or warp your paper), and this should help bond the image to your paper. I don't use a lot of water when I colour, just a slightly damp brush. Hope that helps! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Linda, I love your coloring!

      I'm looking for a laser printer that can print digi's on langton's 300 gsm paper. Was it possible on yours and what kind of printer was it in that case?

      /Ann-Louice

      Delete
    3. Hi Ann-Louice, my laser printer was a Brother, HL-2135 mono laser printer. I used the method shown in this post http://stickywithglitter.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/distress-ink-colouring-tutorial-2_8.html and also used the bypass tray on the printer. Hope that helps :) xx

      Delete
  7. Loved the way you did your Hair the whole tutorial is just Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx