My Lovely Followers

Monday 15 February 2016

Baker - Kitchen Gift Set for Noor! Design UK

Hi everyone! Well I'm back to work this week and playing catch up. Last week was lovely celebrating my birthday and spending time with my daughter, but I never got to spend much of that crafty time that I'd planned.

I was really quite late finishing this gift set, it should have been posted last Thursday, but I certainly did not make things easy for myself as this was quite a bit of work. I really did enjoy making it though.



As soon as I saw this MDF Apron from Dutch Doobadoo I knew I wanted to make something with it for my friend who is quite the keen baker. I had the idea to make a recipe box and I also wanted to make a little chalk board for her kitchen.

I covered the edges of the apron in gesso before decorating with paper. I cut a little pocket with an oval die and popped a few pieces from the Kraft Art Kitchenware inside. These are so cute, and perfect for any kitchen or cooking theme. The kraft gives them a lovely vintage look, which I accentuated further on my card by covering them with Crackle Glaze.


To make the chalk board I covered one of the apron's with some black gesso. You can use this like chalkboard paint, you just need to use a damp cloth to erase your chalking. I made a little gift bag to match my set also.

The image on the card is a digi from Saturated Canary called Baker, and I coloured her with my distress ink markers. I love the way she turned out.

11 comments:

  1. Wow Linda these are stunning! Your friend will be so pleased when she receives these, if she hasn't already. What a gorgeous handmade gift and card, useful too and so personal to her. You talents never cease to amaze me. Glad you enjoyed your birthday week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is stunning! OMG, you have put so much work into this and it looks stunning!!The image is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured and what a fabulous idea to make the chalk board. In fact words can't sum up how beautiful this is.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable SC Image and your card is so lovely. Love it Linda !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, this set is perfect. PER-FECT!!!! What a wonderful surprise for your friend. I bet she was over the moon to receive such a wonderul and thoughtful surprise! Absolutely stunning! I might borrow this idea for my mum's birthday next year, because she loves to bake as well.
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to come over from Facebook to take a closer look at your fabulous projects Linda. A beautifully designed card and I love the apron and the chalk board with the china images is gorgeous.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous kit as a gift for a friend that like bake!!Love the idea and you made these items so well!! Wonderful pieces!! Lucky friend of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Linda! Your attention to detail is so wonderful. All those delish little diecuts and the gesso touches. I utterly love that beautiful card, but each piece in this set is utterly incredible. I have a personal love affair with red gingham, it's all over my house, so seeing all that gorgeous gingham has me utterly swooning. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card, Linda! That image is so cute. :)
    Have a lovely day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is friggin' (can I say this word aloud?) GORGEOUS!!!! How much time did it take you to complete this set?
    I envy the one who will be getting it


    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Wow Wow! These look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx