My Lovely Followers

Sunday 5 July 2015

Vintage Wedding Mini Album @ Dies to Die for

Morning everyone, I'm coming at you on a Sunday with my Dies to Die for post, as the heat just wiped me out earlier in the week and so I wasn't quite ready to post this on Friday. Luckily for me I have wonderful teamies, and the super fabulous Faye (have you been following her work? It's amazing, I'm just a fan boy lol), stepped in for me and swapped days, isn't that sweet of her?

Anyhoo, on to my make and as you know I've recently been dabbling in some mini albums.......but now I've moved up into the next leave and so today I'm posting my first 'proper' mini album. (Well if I'm honest it it's actually the 3rd, but it's the 1st one I've shared)

I don't know about you but for me at this time of year it's all about Weddings. I've been asked to make several wedding cards and recently a work friend asked me to make a wedding album for her daughter to take as a gift for a wedding she was attending in Ireland. The bride likes vintage.

Immediately I thought of the Vintage Wedding collection by Pion Design, it fits the Vintage and Wedding theme and it has all these great cut aparts and tags etc. I used a mixture of 6 x 6 and 12 x 12 papers.

This is what I made.

I edged all of my layers (but not the pages themselves) with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I hope I'm not blowing my own trumpet when I say that the pictures do not do it justice, it's so difficult to photograph these well,  and I have also made a video which you can find here,  but it really does look lovely in real life and I'm rather chuffed with it.





I followed a tutorial for the pages from My Sisters Scrapper and you can find it here, (I just changed the page slightly so that the pocket was on the side instead of on the top, and altered the dimensions a bit),  if you wish to have a go at making one of these for yourself. If you want to make side pockets like me, just leave one of the top tabs in place so that you can close the top as well as the bottom, and then trim a sliver off of the side so that it makes a pocket.

Pion Design Vintage Wedding Collection
Other Items
Lock with Heart Charm
Prima Flowers
Prima Say it in Crystals Border Zephyr

Most of the flowers, the lace, rose organza trim and the heart and butterfly charms are from the Ribbon Girl

I had an immense amount of fun making this and my work friend loves it, so I hope the bride and groom do too!

That's all from me today but I'll be back again next week in my regular Friday spot.

Happy crafting! :) xx

14 comments:

  1. very pretty
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous.Really stunning project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning Linda, I love the vintage feel and your papers are beautiful. It must have taken a long time to complete and I can see the work you have put in to it. I have only made one full sized album following a tutorial from Claire Charville a couple of years ago and so I know the extent of the time and work involved. I might just share it on my 'oldie on Friday' post this week, we'll see.
    The bride and groom will adore this gift and treasure it, I'm sure, always.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Linda! I just viewed the video and loved seeing all the details. This album is so gorgeous! I'm sure it will be considered a treasure to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Linda you have outdone yourself with this one. It is totally amazing and words can't describe how beautiful it is! It will be treasured for years to come.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Linda, this is absolutely stunning! The design is wonderful and the papers are all so beautiful. All the detailing you have added is gorgeous. I am sure this will be treasured forever.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your album is so beautiful Linda. All the embellishments are so pretty - love all the lace and dangly embellishments on the side. Your pages look gorgeous. Stunning work.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda you have excelled yourself

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous hun, love all the lace and pearls really works x
    I'm dabbling too, and My Sisters Scrapper is a must watch xx hugs hunnie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please keep on making albums too Linda. They are gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with its beauty. I loved reading your posts, and awestruck with wedding sceneries that you have shared. I am going to get married at one of vintage venues in Los Angeles. Tony and I are quite excited about that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx