My Lovely Followers

Friday 30 January 2015

Hand me Downs

Happy Friday to all my lovely followers and visitors. I have another share for you as GDT for Saturated Canary....sooooo exciting!!
Today the Saturated Canaries are starting our next image showcase challenge over on our Saturated Canary Facebook page.

And its a super duper one this time! we just want to see where your creativity takes you so its...
Anything Goes.

You can make any creation you like be it card, scrap page, an altered something, smash book/journal page etc...just let your creativity go!

The prize, as always, will be 2 digital images of your choice from the shop and the rules are super simple too..


* you can enter ONLY ONCE

( this makes it fair for everyone )

* you can enter with any FINISHED creation but...IT MUST BE HANDCRAFTED

(digital colouring of Krista's images is not permitted in accordance to TOU's)

Krista has some gorgeous new digi stamps available in the shop here and I would have loved to have used one, but this week has been super busy and I just didn't get quite enough time, this image was already partly coloured and I'd chosen her to go with these lovely Pion Papers from the new Paris Flea Market collection that I won recently but you can buy them here.  I thought she went just perfectly!


This is HandmeDowns  isn't she pretty? I just love her. I've coloured her in Distress Inks

Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick
Hair: Antique Linen, Broken Twigs, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet
Clothing: Pumice Stone, Broken China, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Mowed Grass.
Floor: Walnut Stain


I popped a little cheese cloth behind my layers to soften the edges and I added a couple of bits from the cut out sheet. I edged all my layers with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, but I didn't sew all my layers for once as I needed to be quick and hand sewing takes a long time, but I did sew around my image to frame her, with top stitch thread in blue.


I added some lace, ribbon, buttons and flowers for my embellishments, most of these can be found at The Ribbon Girl.


Finally I decorated the inside simply to complement the front.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back on Sunday with my post for Totally Tilda & Friends.

Have a great Friday! :) xx

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda fabulous colour's love the image and beautiful design have a lovely weekend
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowie - stunning card! love this cutie stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty card - and such neat sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just sitting here in awe looking at this gorgeous card, Linda! I LOVE it! The image and papers are so beautiful as well as the embellishments. Love everything about it! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft colours here and the sweet image. Enjoy your weekend.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, she's amazing! Love the color combo on her wardrobe - perfect! :) Great layout, too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done. I'm partial to bright colours but this one is so gorgeous in soft pastels. Lovely work and I can't stop looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't stop looking at this card. It's just sooooo beautiful! The flowers flowers, soft colours, sweet image ... I also love those funky buttons - they are fab! Stunning creation!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful! Love the softness of the colours you have used and the design is just gorgeous!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooooh such softness Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Linda this is stunning, have a great weekend
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just nailed it Linda! Will keep my fingers crossed for you, so that the GDT will flow into the permanent DT :)
    Gorgeous card dear!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so nice!!!!!
    Very lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx