My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Bildmalarna - LWF - Wash @ Dies to Die for, Magic Card with Tutorial

Happy Tuesday all, I'm back to work this week so not quite so happy lol, but I did manage to get a lot of crafting done in my week off work, so today I'm bring you a card I made for my second tutorial. There's still one to come on Thursday and that will be for the book card so many of you asked me how to do.

Anyway, today I'm sharing the card I made for my inspiration post at Dies to Die for, and a step by step tutorial with photos (I'm not quite brave enough for video yet lol), you can find it under the new 'Tutorials' tab at the top of my blog or just click the link here

I made another 'Magic' card, this is my second one ever and I do really enjoy making these.
I am very fed up with all the rain and wind and bad weather atm, so I thought I'd go for something spring like, inspired by this lovely Bildmalarna stamp that Tracy sent for me to have a play with. Isn't she the sweetest? I coloured her with Distress Inks, which I thought really suited her.  I'm still learning to play with these and I'm still not completely satisfied with the results I get, but I'm enjoying working at it .


 I used some older Maja Design papers, these are from the Spring Basics collection. Links to products used can be found at the end of my post as usual.


As the card has multiple folds and every surface is covered with pretty DP, it doesn't need a lot in the way of embellisments.


I've added a little lace behind, a bow above, a few flowers from my stash and some pearls....hmm guess I added more than I thought lol!


A view of the inside..I used a Martha Stewart punch to make these pretty edges. The sentiment is from a Whimsy Set.


...and one of the back.

I used 2 12 x 12 double sided sheets to make this card, and there was plenty left over for another card, even with decorating every surface!

I do hope you enjoyed my share for today and that you're inspired to make one yourself.
I'll be back on Thursday with my Marvelous Magnolia post and my 3rd Tutorial.

Have fun! : ) xx




12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card here Linda, really beautiful and made with gorgeous papers and colors too. But I can´t find that tutorial anywhere, that you´re referring to???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment Maryann. I'm so sorry the Tutorial wasn't there, I had scheduled it, but apparently I hadn't changed the settings on my tutorial blog and it was set for the wrong time zone! It's there now if you click on the Tutorials link on the bar at the top of my blog. Many thanks for pointing it out and for visiting : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you like making these magic cards there's a lot of scope for layering and design on them. Pretty, soft DP colours which compliment the Distress Ink technique - another fabulous card Linda.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is stunning Linda. The design is wonderful. I love the sweet image, beautiful colouring and such a fabulous way to showcase those gorgeous papers. Thank you for the tutorial too, I will definitely be having a go at making one of these.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card Linda and love the design and papers
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Linda! Lovely colours and an adorable Bildmalarna stamp. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply stunning! The papers are gorgeous and all the layers look amazing! I am having problems with blogger at the moment so can't see your tutorial, hopefully the problems will be rectified soon.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Linda gorgeous colour's and fabulous design and so glad you are doing tutorials will have a go soon
    Hugs Dianne xx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful and a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors - sweet stamp! :) Love the card shape a lot...
    Have a great day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love the design of this card (and the look too!!!!). I mean, really LOVE! One more thing I need to try! Fab work! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Linda, this is really marvellous! LOVE this adorable image and this card folding, I've never tried that before. Have a nice, crafty week!
    Anna xxx
    P.S. I was trying to enter your blog several times, but it always ended with internet disconnection :( Blogger is playing with me, I'm angry with him!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx