My Lovely Followers

Friday 20 September 2013

Crafty Catz DT Card Challenge #199 Decoupage

Goooood morning Crafty folks, it's Friday and you know what that means?  Yup that's right, we have another super challenge for you over at Crafty Catz :)

This week it's the lovely Dianne's  turn to choose and she chose decoupage.  I'll admit this threw me a bit of a curved ball, the only decoupage I've ever done it when I first started making cards and bought one of those kits with the bits all printed up and stamped out ready to put together.  It kind of felt about as creative as painting by numbers, didn't feel like there was much of me going into it so I never did one again.

This time I wanted to try and do it properly myself, colouring the image and choosing which parts to build up. I don't think I did too badly all in all, there are some parts that could have been built slightly differently to improve the look, but I really had a lot of fun with it and I really didn't think I would at the start of the challenge lol. So this is what I created.



Those of you who follow my blog will recognise the papers as being the same as the ones I used on my Rosegarden Tilda at the weekend, yup I used up my leftovers lol, they're Maja Designs from the Shall we have Coffee' collection.  These were bought from Live & Love Crafts. All papers were distressed and inked with Walnut Stain DI then stitched. I used Frantage in Aged Wine on the edges of the die cuts.




I wanted to choose an image which wouldn't be too difficult to decoupage, ie: one that wasn't too intricate, and I thought this Tilda would be perfect.  I stamped her out 5 times in all and coloured up all the bits that would be on show with my Copics, shading the rest a mid grey.  I shaped the pieces with a flower tool on my embossing mat and layered them with a decoupage glue.



I added flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and some beautiful ribbon, seam binding, rolled roses and pearls from The Ribbon Girl.



Die cuts used were a spellbinders floral oval and oval nestie from Sir Stampalot and Whimsy mini corner die, and Magnolia So Wrapped Lovely both from BunnyZoe Crafts.  


The inside has been decorated to complement the exterior.

I do apologise for the photos, they're not quite up to my usual standard but with winter setting in I'm finding that I can only get decent shots at the weekend so I'm trying to find a decent lamp to take photographs without it costing me an arm and a leg lol

Anyhoo I do hope you like my creation this week, pop on over to Crafty Catz to see the rest of the design team's creations and give them some love, they've gone all out this week with some fabulous designs.  Don't be scared to have a go at this, it's much easier then you'd think and is really a lot of fun, and to encourage you to join in we have a fab prize from our Sponsor 

Crimson Cloud 
so come join in the fun!! :) xx

I'll be popping this card into my Etsy Store tonight

I'll be entering the following challenges:

Fashionista #1 Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Fall/Autumn Colours
Midweek Magnolias - Autumn Colours
Lovely hAnglar - Favourite Embellishment (flowers/die cuts)



I'll do these tonight once I'm in from work :)




12 comments:

  1. Tilda looks delightful the way you have decoupaged her lol, very pretty card, have a good weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! So beautifully coloured and designed - love the decoupage too!

    Have a good weekend!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Linda and love the rich purples
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you truly makes some art! I don´t know how you could separate from something beautiful like that....

    I love the craft and purple together it looks awesome...

    Hope you have a great crafty weekend!
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Linda. You nailed this challenge. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh how lush is this card!!! Just oozes Hee hee! I love your colouring and paper piecing, it is so perfect and the card has so many beautiful embellishes, layers, papers and ribbon to comment on! The attention to detail make this card Just fabulous. Good luck in the fashionista challenge this time around. Cuddles Jay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is fabulous. Love the 3D effect of the layered Tilda and you've used my favourite papers, too! Thank you for playing at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic card, love those papers
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  9. super card - love this - thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card as always Linda, just gorgeous....hope your enjoying your week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this creation, so stunning! Love everything about it: colors, coloring, image, all these romantic details.
    Have a nice week!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, your card is stunning, I love it. All the layers, flowers, ribbons and of course the decoupage looks fab. Thank you for joining us at Fashionista and More this time!
    Hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx