My Lovely Followers

Sunday 11 August 2013

Crafty Corner



Well I did pretty well getting everything ready for tomorrow and had a little time on my hands, so I'm half way through a card.  If I finish it quick tomorrow I might even get it posted here :) and ofc there is the birthday card to be posted once she's seen it.

In the meantime as promised I took a few photos of my little crafting crib as I was getting the room ready.


I craft in this little corner, the chest of drawers you can just see to the right is full of clothes and not part of my crafting stash lol.  You can see most of my dies up on the wall there, I bought a foam mount board from Hobbycraft and tacked it to the wall and then stuck 4 self adhesive A4 magnetic sheets to it.  This keeps my dies easily to hand and there's room for 4 more sheets too :)
Over on the right are a couple of small open containers, one houses all my stickles, liquid pearls, frantage and glamour dust, acrylic and crackle paint, and the other contains all my different kinds of adhesives. You can just see the other half's guitar amp sitting under my desk too lol.

The large bin holds all my plain cardstock, other boxes hold ribbon and lace, others hold card blank and envelopes, spare flowers, and scraps of patterned paper. The files contain images stamped/printed and ready to be coloured and printed sentiments.

I keep all my Copics here, I would love to own more but I'm gradually building my collection and there's my poor neglected Promarkers that I never use anymore unless I really need a colour I dont have in the Copics (mainly greens atm), I really must find a new home for them where they'll be used and loved. I keep a few brushes and my heat gun to hand and ofc wipes for cleaning up. Behind the brushes are my whole collection of Magnolia stamps (not many but growing). You can just see the beginnings of the card I'm currently working on there. Sadly my lamp isn't a daylight one, that's something else on my wish list :P

I bought this set of drawers from Ikea, they're perfect for crafting and they match the existing furniture (also from Ikea) in the room perfectly. I keep various stuff here, tools, designer paper, flowers, embellishments, inks, blocks, dabbers and some small stamps and some punches, dies and embossing folders.  My trusty and much used Cuttlebug lives on the top except when we have guests and the drawers are wheeled under the desk, out of the way.
And that's it, that's where I sit and craft my little heart out.  It's only small, but whilst I'd love some fancy shmancy craft room, I never have to reach far for what I need.
That's it from me today, I'm off to sleep soon.  I'll try and find the time if possible to post the card I made tomorrow, if not it will wait and there'll be 2 cards to post up later.
Enjoy your weekend :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx