My Lovely Followers

Sunday 4 August 2013

Always & Forever

Another share from me today, I've spent most of today's crafting time on this card, but I'm soooooo pleased with it *does the happy dance*....*get's a strange look from the other half* lol.

People who've followed my blog might remember that my first card I posted and entered for a challenge was a wedding card.  My daughter (who will be visiting from London in a week!! *does the happy dance again) is going to a friend's wedding in a fortnight's time.  It's the first wedding from her group of friends she's kept up with from school and I said I'd make her a wedding card to take.  I thought I'd make her a few and give her a choice, this is the 3rd one I've made and I really think 3rd time's the charm.  

I'm really really pleased with the way this turned out, was one of those dream makes where the inspiration was flowing and it all just came together, and while we're on the subject of inspiration I have to give a big thanks to Lou from http://loopylousloopythoughts.blogspot.co.uk/ as it was a card of hers that set me on the right track for this, you can find it here, it's a beautiful card and I thought the image was perfect for a wedding or anniversary and loved the thought of the endless love theme, so thank you Lou!! :) xx

Anyhoo.....enough rambling and on to the pics.


I'm not going to try and add links to everything today, simply because I used so much stuff lol, but I will try and add them when I have a little more time.
The image is You and Me Baby from Tiddlyinks.  I've coloured it in Copics, which I buy from Sir Stampalot as they are so much cheaper than anywhere else I've found and I always receive my goods the day after ordering if I order before midday, great customer service too.

The DP is Maja Crea Diem - The Irreplaceable Time, it's beautiful paper, and a lovely weight, this is the 12 x 12 version so the clocks are quite large which I like, it's double sided too. I've used several die cuts, from Joy Crafts, LaLa Land, Memory Box and Spellbinders.

I distressed most of the papers with a distressing tool and Black Soot distress ink.  The white die cuts have had a light frantage treatment in Shabby White and the grey has been distressed with white acrylic paint, Black Soot ink and crackle paint, though you can't really see that in the photos, the crackle is pretty subtle anyway.




I covered her dress using little dots of glue from a glue pen and then sprinkled glamour dust over the top for a sequinned effect. The tiny butterflies are also dotted with glitter in the same way. I double matted the image and set it on a piece of cheesecloth to soften the edges.


I used a variety of embellishments, lace and ribbon, flowers, sparkly bead trim, flowers, a brad, diamante and charms.  They were a mixture from The Ribbon Girl and Wild orchid Crafts.


I love this ribbon, it has a subtle sparkle to it which looks much better off camera.


I added diamante to the centre of these daisies for added bling. The flowers were given a light coating of white acrylic paint.



I made the clock by cutting out one of the smaller printed clocks from the paper with a circle punch, and then froming it with a Spellbinders die cut, (I had to cut the centre out of it), that's been given some frantage and diamante.  I love the way it turned out, quite chuffed with myself for coming up with the idea lol.



I decorated the inside to compliment the front, the clock is a die cut that came as one for Tracy's added 'confetti' in a parcel from Dies to Die for, it's been a little more heavily frantaged then the other elements.  I didn't glitter the butterflies here as I wanted more of a contrast.



I steered clear of traditional wedding sentiments, just adding the small 'Always & Forever' one to the front and I chose a lovely quotation for the inside.  This one from Eleanor Roosevelt is from Pink Petticoat  , lots of lovely ones in this collection.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

County View Craft's - Quotations and Sayings
Addicted to Stamps - Wonderful Wings
Fashionista - Wings
Alphabet Challenge - M is for Micro/Mini (Tiny butterflies and charms)
Totally Papercrafts - Inspired by a Song (Always and Forever - Heatwave)

Well that's it from me for today, I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I enjoyed making it, if you did, please leave me a comment.  Enjoy what's left of the weekend folks, I'll see you soon :) xx


21 comments:

  1. PERFECT!! Cant wait to see it properly and give it to them!! Thanks so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so gorgeous Linda. I love the feel the Black Soot gives the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW a lot of wings in this fantastic card. Very beautiful. Fantastic stamp colouring (I love this stamp) and I love too the texture technique you applied in her dress So much to see arround the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Fashionista Challenge theme “Things with Wings”. Good luck in the draw. Elena F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your lovely comments, I really enjoyed making this one and love the way it developed :) xx

      Delete
  4. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous, love it!...Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just found your Blog via Country View Crafts and Wow what a beautiful card. I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with it and so to will the recipients. You must have spent a long time getting the layering and embellishments just right, stunning.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much both of you, yes it did take the best part of the day, but it was so worth it, I think it's my best work so far and my daughter loves it so I'm happy :) xx

      Delete
  6. Fabulous card Linda, wow it's a beauty. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, and so many lovely details.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda this is stunning I love all the detail and your shading. Totally awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. oops forgot to say I am your latest follower hoping to gain inspiration from your designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, that's so sweet of you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It`s stunning! I love it!! You have great eye for details, your coloring is fantastic!
    I love the dies and embossed elements!!

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Fashionista Challenge Blog
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next time!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member at Fashionista Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving such a lovely comment xx

      Delete
  12. Your card is gorgeous Linda! Thanks for joining in Addicted to Stamps Wonderful Wings challenge this time! Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. The couple are so pretty. Love the dots on the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A terrific quotation and a stunning card! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. heel erg mooi en romantisch en dank voor het meedoen bij YMAM
    groetjes...corry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda, you are one talented lady, I adore this wedding card its soo out there and unusual. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx